Excellence in craftmanship across design practice and research
Vianet is an Italian company founded in 1993 and offering consulting services on design and implementation of IT-driven products and services
Vianet uses design as a means to define, drive, implement and support innovation processes.
Vianet focuses on two main areas – design practice and research activities – through the following processes:
- Set up of iterative design loops in order to foster and drive both technology-push innovation and meaning-driven innovation
- Engagement of end-users and relevant stakeholders in the design process (co-design, participatory design, emergent design, design for use before use)
- Piloting infrastructures to test social, cultural, economic implications of innovation ideas put in contexts
Vianet is headquartered in Rome (Italy) and has a commercial hub in Malmö (Sweden).
- Our expertise crosses strategic design, design management, service design, interaction design, visual design, branding, data visualization, user research and testing
- We have design and development experience across different media, platforms and formats: websites, videogames, commercials and ultra-short videos, interactive installations for museums, online marketing campaigns, information aesthetics visualizations, mobile applications, e-learning experiences, responsive architecture
- We worked on more than 500 projects translated into 18 languages, for both Italian and international Clients
- As from 2011, Vianet’s board members have been formally affiliated with leading research centres in the US (Harvard, MIT) and Europe (University of the Arts London, Malmö University, Politecnico di Milano, Aalborg University) and have contributed to a variety of research projects, also EU-funded.
Vianet has worked for Clients operating in various segments and different markets. Among the key players supported by Vianet in the past 20 years: Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Sony, Dior, Mercedes, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, the Government of Singapore, Telecom Italia, Nintendo, MTV Italia, MTV Asia, Playstation, United International Pictures, Turner, Ariston, Heineken, McDonald’s, Ferrero, Bank Intesa Sanpaolo, Abbott, Elena Mirò, Motivi, La Perla, Bristol-Myers Squibb, AstraZeneca, Renault, Toyota, Volkswagen, FIAT, Chrysler, Daihatsu, Luxottica, Alcantara, Febal, Champion, Italian Prime Minister, Air Europe, Autostrade Italiane, CTS, Aeroporti di Roma, Falc, Naturino, ENEL, Qatar Telecom, IBSA.